|The RAW file format is explained and demystified by David Taylor in this comprehensive guide.
192 pages long.
- Step-by-step guide to the process from start to finish of working with RAW images
- Why the RAW file is the equivalent of a negative in film photography
- Clear information on processes such as demosaicing and white balance, applying tone curves, adjusting colour saturation and contrast, image sharpening, and adjustments in-camera and on a computer
- Hints and tips on interpreting and converting RAW images, and final generation of the TIFF of JPEG format
- Post-processing through to displaying on screen or in print
- The book also contains tear-out depth-of-field tables and grey cards.