|In this issue...
Regulars & features
- New products EOS 7D; EF 100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM; EF-S 15-85mm f3.5-5.6 IS USM; EF-S 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS.
- Professional showcase Jean Cazals lifts the lid on the art of photographing food. Itís all about lighting and composition.
- Wide eyed Did you buy an EF-S 18-55mm lens with your EOS camera? Do you know how to use it effectively? We take a look at lenses with short focal lengths and show you what wide-angles are all about.
- Inside story How well do you know your EOS? Robert Scott takes you on a guided tour of the cameraís interior design.
- Manual work Before cameras became automated, setting the exposure manually was normal. We explain why sometimes it still pays to use the manual mode on your EOS camera.
- Noise less For digital camera users, noise in pictures can be annoying. What causes this photographic effect and what can you do about it?
- Pocket flash The Speedlite 270EX is the latest addition to Canonís range of external flashguns. Pocket-sized it might be, but it has great features and is very versatile.
- Sensor cleaning If you can see dust spots on your digital images, then itís time to have your cameraís sensor cleaned. Or you can do it yourself. Andrew Gibson guides you through safe cleaning techniques.
- How was it shot? Fireworks in November and Christmas lights in December are perfect opportunities for experimenting with focus burr techniques. Alleyska describes how she shot her images.
- File resizing Why is it sometimes necessary to make your digital image file larger or smaller? Andrew Gibson has the answers and guides you through the best image resizing techniques.