|In this issue...
Regulars & features
- Professional showcase There is nothing reportage about Gordon McGowan’s wedding photographs. Angela August learns how he directs the newlyweds into carefully orchestrated poses to produce works of art.
- Solar flare What causes lens flare, how does it affect your pictures, and how does Canon help to overcome the problem? We have the answers in a guide to technique, contrast and coatings.
- Making movies The Canon EOS 5D Mark II and 500D both have revolutionary HD video recording capability. Andrew Gibson guides you through the exciting new world of making movies with DSLR cameras.
- Check list Which are the most important camera features to check before taking a photograph? Here we make a list of those which are essential to get right before you press the shutter button.
- Plane of focus EOS cameras can be seen at air shows up and down the country each summer. Chris Mattison shows you some of the ways you can improve your success rate with static and flying displays.
- Focus adjusting Have you ever wondered how accurate your Canon lenses are at focusing? We show you how you can put them to the test with the new autofocus microadjustment feature.
- Wireless world Canon’s wireless file transmitters are clever accessories that can send photos straight from your camera to your computer. Andrew Gibson explains how they can be used and how to set them up.
- How was it shot? Captivated by the close up world of macro photography, Colleen Slater specialises in photographing flowers submerged underwater, creating colourful contemporary images.
- DPP corrections EOS digital SLRs and lenses are technological marvels, but even so, perfection doesn’t yet exist. Luckily, DPP’s powerful image correction tools will help you create flawless images.