|In this issue...
Regulars & features:
- New products EOS 5D Mark III; EF 24-70mm f2.8L IS II USM, EF 24mm f2.8 IS USM and EF 28mm f2.8 IS USM lenses.
- World of EOS Photographic projects and news from the world of Canon imaging.
- Break the rules You've read the instruction manual and you've taken the trouble to study the traditional guidelines, now it's time to lift your camera out of your comfort zone and become a rule book rebel.
- Menu choices To help deliver order from chaos your EOS has a menu system. This displays each feature in turn and offers a range of settings. We take a look at some of the options.
- Masterclass Led by Peter Cairns as he looks at British wildlife.
- Custom colour How do you know if the colours in your photos are accurate? One way is to switch from auto white balance (AWB) to custom white balance. Andrew Gibson shows you how to handle this useful feature of your EOS digital camera.
- Fast glass The latest version of Canon's EF 85mm f1.2L USM lens might seem an unlikely choice for a landscape photographer, but Robert Birkby has been won over by the performance and versatility of this quality piece of glass.
- Flash lock When it comes to exposure, cameras sometimes get it wrong. The same applies to flash exposure. Fortunately, Flash Exposure Lock (FEL) – essentially a form of spot metering for flash – is here to help.
- Eye-Fi cards Wireless file transfer with EOS cameras was originally the preserve of professional photographers. Then, in a miracle of miniaturisation, Eye-Fi cards opened the field up to consumer cameras.